Sony Ericsson is showing visitors to the 2012 International CES Show a fully connected entertainment world with Sony New Phone 2012, the first Xperia™ smartphones from Sony®*, including Xperia S, the first smartphone from the Xperia NXT series – next generation smartphones from Sony, and new Xperia smartphones made specifically for the US and Japanese markets, all with access to premium entertainment services and easy connectivity to other screens within the world of Sony.
The new Sony New Phone 2012 announced are:
- Sony New Phone 2012 : Xperia ion, first LTE Xperia smartphone from Sony available exclusively with AT&T in the US
- Sony New Phone 2012 : Xperia S, the first smartphone in the Xperia NXT series – next generation smartphones from Sony, with Sony HD for stunning viewing experiences
|Xperia Ion by Sony 2012|
Two new smartphones for the Japanese market:
- Sony New Phone 2012: Xperia acro HD, the follow-up to Xperia acro with popular Japan-specific features including infrared port data exchange, mobile wallet and mobile TV.
- Sony New Phone 2012: Xperia NX, a variant of Xperia S for the Japanese market.
Sony Ericsson also unveiled a number of Android accessories that enhance the smartphone experience:
- Xperia Smart Tags, small NFC enabled tokens that are used to launch pre-configured and personalised settings when you swipe an NFC Android smartphone against them.
- Smart Wireless Headset pro, Bluetooth™ stereo headset that also works as a standalone MP3 player and radio when detached from the phone.
- SmartWatch, micro display for Android to wirelessly access calls, messages and applications.
- SmartDock for Xperia ion, an HDMI dock that turns Xperia ion into a mini-PC by connecting it to a USB keyboard, mouse and big screen TV.