YouView Internet TV Overview
YouView internet TV come to UK. YouView features, users will have access to programmes broadcast over the previous week from the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel Five, as well as the ability to pause and rewind live TV.
The brilliant new TV box that will help you enjoy every moment in front of your TV. Youview is a joint venture between the BBC, ITV, BT, Channel 4, TalkTalk, Arqiva and Five and is incorporated as Youview TV Limited.
YouView Internet TV will be bringing you a new free-to-air internet-connected TV service (in the UK) starting from mid-2011. Viewers will have the choice of a subscription-free YouView set top box that will combine their favourite digital TV channels with the last seven days’ catch up TV, as well as bringing a full range of on-demand services and interactive extras straight to the living room.
YouView internet TV Features
YouView have the advantages with rich features internet TV programs like :
- With YouView TV, YouView has an extraordinary ScrollBack guide. But that’s just the beginning. With on demand, search and record you’ll always find something to match your mood.
- The seven day ScrollBack guide brings together a whole week of catch up from across BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD and Demand 5 in YouView TV.
- YouView TV can be tricky to watch TV on a laptop or PC. So we’ve put catch up where it should be, on your TV. Simply scroll back through the guide and select your favourite show. That’s all there is to it.
- YouView has a library of on demand programmes, series, films and radio. Looking for some inspiration or a particular type of programme? Explore the on demand library to find a recent film or that classic episode you love watching again and again.
- Search our galaxy of content using your remote control.
- Extraordinary TV in HD. Brighter, sharper pictures and sound. YouView supports full HD. On demand and catch up programmes are also available in HD, and if you record something in HD, you can watch it back in HD
YouView Internet TV Opportunities
Some industry watchers have said that the subsequent launch of smart TVs with similar features may weigh on demand. However, Ian Watt from Enders Analysis added that it should still help the ISPs involved, giving them another tool to discourage customers switching to rival's all-in-one packages. BT recently agreed to pay £738m for 114 Premier League football across three seasons from 2013.
How To Get YouView TV
YouView TV will be made available in two ways:
- From retailers with no further subscription payments necessary. They will begin stocking set-top boxes later this month.
- From internet service providers (ISP) as part of one of their broadband packages. BT and TalkTalk - who are among the service's backers - said they would shortly unveil packages which would include additional content.
YouView Internet TV Cost
According to BBC News, YouView internet TV would cost £299, but added that he would not be surprised if that fell to £99 in a couple of years.